12.10.2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeearrr!!!

Okay, so I have a confession to make... I am the biggest dork when it comes to Christmas. They say it's was better to give than receive ::pause:: but I'm a big fan of giving and receiving ::double pause::.

Monday I curled up on the couch and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. Yesterday on my way home there was a doowop caroling group assembled on the platform where I transfer trains. Though they sounded a bit like they were rehearsing for Cadence: The Christmas Special, it still put a little bounce in my step. When I arrived at home I was pleased to find my first Christmas card of the season in my mailbox.

I've been feeling a bit behind. I just ordered my Christmas cards yesterday and normally the would have been in the mail. I'm not as close to done with shopping as I'd like and my house is free of fa la la la. Starting on Friday however, I plan to let my cup of holiday cheer runneth over!

I'm getting up bright and early to order some last minute gifts for the kiddies from Amazon. I also need to renew my Rhapsody subscription, at least for the month, so I can get my Christmas music on (check for that blog this weekend). Then, after work I'm headed to finish off my shopping and pick-up some wrapping and decorating supplies. I'll hit up Whole Foods for some fresh garland (yes, real live pine, not that artificial shit) to wrap around the porch. When it warms up against the lights the whole front of the house smells like a pine cone. Then I'll go by the Container Store to pick up boxes and ribbon (I bought my wrapping paper 3 weeks ago... DON'T JUDGE ME!). Yes... I make my own bows by hand for my gifts... I take pride in my presents and I wrap with care.

Saturday I'm taking my niece to take pictures with Santa and then to the ballet to see the Nutcracker! It's her first time :) I love the Nutcracker!!! Afterwards, when I get home, I'll put up my tree and get to decorating the house for the holidays and wrap up all my gifts.

Oooo... and I need to pick out my holiday party outfits. So far I have 4 to go to. Yay Christmas!!!

No comments: