11.10.2008

Curl Up With a Good Movie?!...

There are some movies that just speak to me...

Today I called in sick and spent then day in the house.  I just needed a "me" day.  It's been so long since I've watched my soaps that I struggled to really pay attention.  I decided to curl up under the covers and pop in a good movie.  I've been feeling lonely lately.  Something about the winter always makes me wish I had someone to cuddle up with.  Since I've been feeling less than optimistic about my love life I figured I'd watch my two favorite movies about love:

Kama Sutra:  A Tale of Love
This is a movie about a woman and her journey to find what love is and isn't.  It's also about the haves and the have nots.  Yes, it's sexy and there's plenty of T&A, but if you can look past the jiggly things on the screen there's a really touching story there.  Every time I watch it I end up balling my eyes out at the end but it's dear to my heart and I could watch it over and over again.

One my favorite quotes is from this film - "Knowing love, I can allow all things to come and go, to be as supple as the wind and to face all things with great courage. My heart is as open as the sky..."

Here's a peek:




the other movie I watched was...

Secretary -
This is a super dysfunctional love story that proves there's someone out there for everybody.  Yes it's dark, yes it's deviant, but I absolutely think it's one of the most romantic movies I've ever seen (<---- that statement, once you've seen the movie, may make you think I'm nuts but I don't care).  I think everyone wants to be accepted, flaws and all, and there's a great quote from this movie that embodies that - 

"Each cut, 
each scar, 
each burn...
A different mood or time.
I told him what the first one was,
told him where the second one came from.
I remembered them all...

And for the first time, I felt... beautiful,
finally part of the earth.
I touched the soil,
and he loved me back"

Take a gander at the opening (what?!, I said it was deviant):


No comments: